Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Hello, Beautiful!

Hi there,
Just a quick post from me today to share 2 cards I created for a few challenges ~
The first card is for the current SSS Flickr Challenge and the theme is 'Sparkle & Shine'. 


I recently bought this Artsy Flower Parts stamp set, and I love the cute flowers and leaves. I colored them with Copics and added sparkle with a little bit of clear WOS and a few sparkly sequins from an old SSS card kit. The sentiment is from their Summer Garden stamp set.

**************************

My next card is for 2 challenges, both for the theme 'Stencil': CAS on Sunday Challenge and for the
AAA Cards Challenge - CAS Game


This Altenew Halftone Stencil is my new favorite...I placed it on an angle and inked it with Grout Gray, then stamped and die cut the branch, bird, and butterfly. I colored everything with Copic markers and used vellum for the sentiment. I also added a few sparkly sequins and the orange enamel dot, which is one of my DIY projects with Perler Beads...and that was it!





Thanks so much for stopping by,










18 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Such a sweet design Barb! I have to agree with you, that halftone stencil is wonderful and you have made it shine, love the chic funky angle!

Ceal said...

How tweet is your card :) So adorable. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

Loll said...

Two adorable spring cards, Barb. Love the sweet flowers in a rainbow of colours. And your little bird on a branch and butterfly are so cute. xx

Melissa L. said...

Very tweet, Barb. Great coloring on the bird and butterfly. The subtle stenciling is perfect. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Two super stunning and CAS fabulous cards Barb. I'm loving the gorgeous delicate little scenes on both and such gentle colour tones and subtle stencilling to the second one. Thanks so much for playing with us at AAA Cards this week. x

Greta said...

Sweet cards, Barb! I loved the first one when I saw it on Flickr & I've been wanting to enter one of the stencil challenges, but can't seem to make anything. Your card used that one perfectly!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve that wonky-cool angle and the tweetest little bird, Barb! You've grown a beautiful garden, too, my friend!
=]

Cindy C. said...

Sweet cards indeed Barb!

Kay Miller said...

These are both just darling Barb! I love the stenciling behind the little bird scene and the flower garden is beautiful! Happy weekend my friend! :)

Bobby said...

Two cute cards, Barb.

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Barb.

Jane said...

Oh this is so sweet! Love the little bird and tiny butterfly and your subtle background stencilling is perfect. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Tracey McNeely said...

Could these two cards be any sweeter Barb! Love the soft colours and all the white!

Anita in France said...

These are both so sweet and whimsical Barb ... all fresh and spring-like ... such CAS delights! Hugs, Anita :)

Monika Reeck said...

this flower is so cuuutee
and love the colors on them
sweet flowery card Miss Barb
and the second card yaay again cute Birdie
love the added of Bfly and nice branch too
so tweeet the second card and I Love!!

Cat Craig said...

Barb, both cards are so darling and sweet. I love the softer colors and your bits of bling.

Joyce said...

Two really sweet cards, Barb. Love them both.

Zw@@n said...

Such cute cards, Barb. Lovely stamps. Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma