Saturday, September 12, 2015

Addicted to CAS Challenge #72


Hello there crafty friends ~ It's time for another challenge at Addicted to CAS, and as you can see, our code word is 'Leaves'! For the month of September, our Guest Designer is Dawn of Designs by Dragonfly. Also, our sweet and talented Doni is the hostess for this challenge, and our sponsor is Create a Smile, who is offering 12.50 euro (one stamp set) to the winner!


For this challenge, I created a card and a gift box for some homemade chocolates:


Here is a close-up of the card:


I love the rich, vibrant colors of Brushos, so I created a panel with fall colors on a piece of water color cardstock, and die cut the stitched leaves to create the wreath. The house and sentiment are from Lawn Fawn's Home Sweet Home stamp and die set, and the leaves are from their original Stitched Leaves dies.

Here is a close-up of the gift box:


With a leftover piece of water colored cardstock I die cut the twine with the newest Twine and Bows die from Pretty Pink Posh.

So, that's it for me...I hope you'll take some time check out the Addicted to CAS Blog to see what my teamies have created, and that you'll be inspired to play along! Thanks so much for stopping by ~ Have a great weekend,










23 comments:

Betty said...

fantastic leaves painted with your Brushos - darling gift box too!

Sarah G said...

Love the intensity of colour that you get with brushos, Barb - perfect for these autumnal leaves! Using them to decorate the gift box is a great idea too :)

Doni High said...

I've never tried Brushos, but they sure do make your stitched leaves look terrific! I even think the design on the gift box would make a cute card also. :)

I Card Everyone said...

You should know, Barb, that when I drove 7 hours last November to play cards with Tracy McNeely, I came home with a 'tree's worth' of these leaves ... down to the last few. Guess what? I bought my own yesterday!!! I'm calling it an early birthday gift to me =] Your gift box and card warm my Fall-loving heart! So beautifully water-colored, and arranged...
=] Michele

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Barb, this is a wonderful welcoming set! Did you make it for some special person?

Deepti said...

Wow the wreath looks beautiful in those bright colors, such a lovely set and homemade chocolates... Sounds delicious :)

Bobby said...

I didn't know you had Brushos, Barb. I've been thinking about them but have resisted so far. I love how all the colors came together to make your glorious leaves.

lostinpaper said...

Everyone is bursting colour everywhere at the moment, the leaves you have created with the brushos are so vibrant and fun, love them!

Kay Miller said...

Oh Barb these are both incredible!! What beautiful leaves! Your Brusho Watercoloring is gorgeous! I'll need to try those! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and week! ((Hugs))

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME!!

Greta said...

Wonderful project, Barb--love the fall colors & using the house in the wreath!

Anita in France said...

Absolutely lovely, Barb ... your leaf strewn card and gift box are just gorgeous, the colours are so rich and luscious (as no doubt are those homemade chocolates!)! Hugs, Anita :)

Loll said...

LOVE the saturated colours of your brushos die-cuts Barb. Such a pretty design for both the card and box ... homemade chocolates - yummy!! xx

Ceal said...

Fabulous set! love the watercolored leaves

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So clever, classy and creative Barb and such elegant use of the colours.
Sarah x

ThePurplePlace said...

Lovely Fall card...spotted it over in the OCC Gallery! See you in class! :)

D- said...

What a beautiful gift set. Your leaves are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for having me as this month's ATCAS Guest Designer.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
Addicted To CAS Guest Designer

Joyce said...

These are so wonderful. And, even better that the box is filled with chocolate. Such a nice fall project.

anja curvers said...

Love both of them the card and the giftbox, wow.

Nora Noll said...

Wow, wow, wow!! I love this little duo. The treat box is so fun.

cm said...

Home-made chocolates? Oh my....your creativity really is limitless! The box and card: gorgeous! Love the vibrant autumn palette!
Hugs~c

Bhavana said...

beautiful set Barb :) Loved both of them!

Jaydee said...

Barb, what a great combination. the leaves on the chocolate box are the perfect complement to the card. Love the
jaydee