Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Have a Great Day



Hi Everyone, 
Just a quick post tonight...My sweet blog friend Virginia Lu has another challenge for us this month - Virginia's View Challenge #2 and her theme is to use a Stencil on our card or project. So, here's my card:


  
My inspiration for this card is the photo on the bottom right. I used my new to me SSS Leaves Stencil, blending Mowed Lawn distress ink on the leaves, and to add a little dimension to the card, I popped up a few flowers. I added the Hero Arts sentiment on an angle and trimmed the card along the bottom and side before adding gems and sequins. I also placed a piece of vellum behind the panel, and a gold strip of foiled cardstock beneath it. 

So, that's it for me...Thank you so much for stopping by, and for your sweet comments! 

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Messages with Flourish
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn; Hero Arts - Pale Tomato; Versafine - Onyx Black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper's Select White, Berry Sorbet, Vellum; DCWV - Foiled Cardstock (Silver)
Stencil: Simon Says Stamp - Leaves
Gems: Stash
Sequins: Kelly Purkey - Silver 

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful stenciling!

Barb said...

Yummy! My favorite - pink and green! Love the pretty, little flowers you've added to the leaves stenciling, Barb! Beautiful card!

Dawn T said...

this is just beautiful Barb.

Jacqueline said...

What a gorgeous card!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is so Beautiful - and your stamping - so perfect!!!

♥Gemma♥ said...

Truly stunning Barb...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Betty said...

your card is so pretty - a breath of spring - love the added touches of the vellum and gold. still can't bring myself to do slanty designs like that and you do it so well!

shirley-bee said...

Pretty card, Barb! I like the added layer of vellum.

Virginia L. said...

Love your design inspired by the challenge photo, Barb! The added flowers and slanted angle are awesome touches! It truly is a delightful card! So glad that you join the fun with Virginia's View Challenge!

Sarah G said...

Great design, Barb - love the angled panel! These leaves are perfect for Virginia's challenge :)

Kay Miller said...

Ooooh this is so pretty Barb!! I love the leaf stencil! I haven't tried any stencils, but I am very inspired now! I love how is looks shaded and the little flowers are perfect! The angled cut is super too! And thank you my friend SO VERY much for the wonderful reviews you left at my Etsy store!! I appreciate that SO much!! Have a great week! ((Hugs))

Bonnie said...

I love this stencil, Barb! And the flowers you've added are so pretty! And that angled layout is wonderful!

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous, Barb - love your photo staging too :)

Rosemary said...

simply stunning, barb... your stenciling is amazing!!

Loll said...

So pretty Barb! Love the angled card. Loll xx

Joni Andaya said...

So Beautiful Barb! Fabulous take on :)

Ashley Newell said...

So pretty! I love the angled panel! I have yet to do that, I need to try it.

Sharon Underwood said...

Such a pretty card! Love the little red flowers.