Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Paint Chip Tag

Hello Blog Friends ~
I received my new Layered Tree die from SSS yesterday, and can't seem to put it down! In fact, at one point, I thought about creating an ombre effect and remembered that I have several paint chips from Home Depot, and they would be perfect for this tree...and I could enter my tag into Virginia Lu's Challenge  ~ Card Inspiration with Paint Chips!


I used 2 paint chips in graduated colors/shades of pink and burgundy, then added the star, sentiment and accents. I think it's really fun to use paint chips on a card or tag, and I'm really impressed with the quality! 

Virginia's challenge is running until January 31st, so if you're interested, please go check out her Blog and join in the fun!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Holiday Sayings
Ink: Versafine - Smokey Gray
Cardstock: Home Depot - Paint Chips; Papertrey Ink - Select White
Dies: Simon Says Stamp - Layered Trees; Paper Smooches - Quote Tag
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh - Gold Stars; SSS - Clear (from Dec. card kit)
Twine: Doodlebug - Gray

13 comments:

Virginia L. said...

WOW! Your CAS tree card is perfect with the gradient of paint chips, Barb! What a beautiful way to use it along with your new SSS die! Thanks SO much for linking up your creation. I know it will be appreciated by all paint chip enthusiasts like myself :)

Unknown said...

Brilliant idea to use paint chips with this die! It looks really fabulous in ombre!

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb you have been enabling so much this week. Now I think I need this die too. Gorgeous tree!

Barb said...

Oh, I love this, Barb! It's so adorable and such a fun idea! Love the pretty ombre effect in those fab colors!

Darnell said...

Stunning paint chip execution, Barb!! I also came to congratulate you on being inducted into the ATCAS Wall of Fame!!! I'm so happy for you!! Happy Holidays! Hugs, Darnell

lostinpaper said...

Wow, fab tag Barb!

Cat Craig said...

Love your pink tree!

Rosemary said...

your tag is just fabulous, barb! paint chips have never looked so good!

Jean said...

What a fun idea, especially for this tree!

Sarah G said...

Cool idea - so clever to use paint chips to create the ombré effect!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

oh a tree is a great way to use those chips....looks fab!

♥Gemma♥ said...

I thought i commented on this gorgeous tag but guess not...well i love it hunni and loving that tree, its fab!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Sheila H said...

Just saw your tag on Virginia's blog - love it! Perfect way to use your paint chips :)